INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Here’s a twist on an apple pie that deserves a place at your Thanksgiving table!
Cream Cheese Layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg 1/2 cup sugar
- Apple Layer 1/2 stick butter 6 cups fresh apple slices1/4 cup sugar 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, sliced into small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and egg. Spread into graham cracker crust.
- Combine the apple slices in a medium saucepan with 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add melt the1/2 stick of butter over medium heat. Add sugar. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and cook for a few minutes until the apples are soft and the filling has thickened. Spoon the cooled apple pie filling over the cream cheese layer on the pie.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Then add the butter and use your hands to work in the butter pieces until the mixture has coarse crumbs. Sprinkle crumb topping over top of the pie.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Let the pie cool, then top with whipped cream!