Local

Birds’ nest sparked fire at Fishers home

FISHERS, Ind. (AP) – Authorities in Fishers believe a birds’ nest on top of floodlights is the cause of a Christmas Eve fire that extensively damaged a house.

No injuries were reported in the Tuesday evening fire. Fishers Fire Department Captain John Mehling says the call for the fire on Midnight Pass came in around 9 p.m.

Firefighters arriving at the scene encountered heavy fire from the attic and battled the blaze at the two-story house.

Mehling says firefighters were able to contain “the brunt of the fire” to the attic space. No estimates on the damage were immediately available.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

MORE STORIES