Graduation season is just around the corner — an emotional time for both the graduate and their families. While students are busy thinking about making memories with their friends in the short amount of time left in their school careers and planning for what’s next, parents are likely the ones prepping for graduation.
It’s an exciting time, but it can also be stressful. From how to dress for the ceremony to announcement etiquette to what to do on the day-of, Herff Jones has the ultimate checklist to make this graduation season a breeze for both students and parents. This way, everyone can focus on what really matters: celebrating the student’s achievement.
Tina Wolf, Director of Customer Experience for Herff Jones – the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services – shares the following tips ahead of graduation season:
2-3 weeks out:
• Share the accomplishment with family and friends. Mail grad invites and announcements.
• Pick out your graduation outfit
• Once you receive your cap & gown, hang it up immediately! Use a steamer or a cool iron to remove any leftover wrinkles. No need to wash the gown as it comes pre-cleaned.
• Consider creating a Facebook event or posting to social media to remind friends and family about the ceremony and/or party date and time.
• Set aside any mementos or photos you want to share at your graduation party.
• Distribute gifts for teachers, coaches, mentors, etc.
• Try on your gown.
• Charge phones and cameras
• Decide a meeting spot for photos before or after the ceremony
• Put out yard signs and balloons for the party
• Have fun – celebrate the student and everyone else who helped them get there
What about after?
• Send thank you cards within two weeks after the celebration
• Receive your official diploma and frame it!
Indianapolis-based Herff Jones is the leading provider of graduation and educational products and services designed to inspire achievement and create memorable experiences for students. A division of Varsity Brands, Herff Jones’ products include class rings and jewelry, caps and gowns, yearbooks, diplomas and announcements as well as motivation and recognition programs. Focused on building long-term relationships through a nationwide network of over 2,000 employees and sales partners, the professionals at Herff Jones have been helping elevate the student experience throughout the lifelong journey of education for more than 99 years.
To learn more, visit:
Checklist: https://www.herffjones.com/resource/high-school-senior-year-checklist/ (You can also text CHECKLIST to 70934 for the full list)