Chef Wendell talks raw food movement
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – It’s not a craze. A raw food diet is healthy – it’s also good science.
The concept is to take in live food and preserve as much of that food’s natural nutrients as possible to feed a live body. Science now proves cooking not only destroys nutrition and enzymes but chemically changes foods from the substances needed for health into acid-forming toxins, free-radicals and poisons that destroy our health.
RAW Peaches & Cream with Glazed Almonds
· 1 cup cashews
· 1/2 cup fresh coconut milk
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
· 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
· 2 cups raw almonds
· 3 tablespoons maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon wheat free tamari
· 4 fresh peaches, sliced
1. To make the almonds, combine all ingredients and dehydrate at 110 for 12-24 hours depending on humidity in your space. If a dehydrator is not an option, lightly bake in oven on lowest setting for 1-3 hours (depends on your oven)
2. To make the cream, blend on high until smooth (a high speed blender like a Vita Mix makes this super easy)
3. To put the dish together, line the peaches on a beautiful platter. Drizzle with cream and top with almonds. Serve to family and friends and allow them to delight in the simplicity of this beautiful dish.