MUNCIE, Ind. (WISH) — Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana has announced additional ‘tailgate’ food distribution events to help people who may be struggling due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The group expanded its tailgate events in April as the coronavirus began taking a toll on Indiana. Gov. Eric Holcomb dispatched 30 Army National Guard members to help with the efforts to expand the food distribution.
Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana is the region’s largest hunger-relief organization, serving over 100 pantries and meal programs in eight counties: Blackford, Delaware, Grant, Henry, Jay, Madison, Randolph and Wabash.
Here are upcoming food distributions:
- Blackford County: 10 a.m. Thursday, Blackford County Fairgrounds, 409 E. Park Ave., Hartford City.
- Grant County: 10 a.m. Tuesday, Five Points Mall, 1129 N. Baldwin Ave., Marion.
- Jay County: 10 a.m. Wednesday, Jay County Fairgrounds, 806 E. Votaw St., Portland.
- Madison County: Noon on May 22, Old Kmart parking lot, 2811 E. Nichol Ave., Anderson
- Wabash County: 10 a.m. Tuesday, North Manchester High School, 1Squire Drive, Manchester.
- More dates are online.
No IDs or proof of address or need are required; all are welcome. Distribution is while supplies last. If you are walking up or coming via a vehicle too small to carry a load of food, please arrive an hour after the tailgate starts.