PLAINFIELD, Ind. (WISH) — A man accused of terrorizing underage girls in central Indiana is now facing new charges.
Buster “Brian Kil” Hernandez has been charged with 40 federal charges. If convicted, he faces up to life in prison.
Court documents filed Tuesday state that Hernandez had hundreds of victims, many of them underage girls.
Hernandez faces the following charges:
- Eight counts of production of child pornography
- Three counts of coercion and enticement of a minor
- Five counts of distributing and receiving child pornography
- Four counts of threats to use explosive devices
- One count of threats and extortion
- 10 counts of threats to kill, kidnap and injure
- Six counts of witness tampering
- One count of obstruction of justice
- Two counts of retaliating against a witness or victim
Many of the counts are new charges in the superseding indictment. Additional charges of production and distribution of child pornography have been added.
Hernandez posted a series of violent threats online directed at Plainfield High School in December of 2015.
Laura Zeniger’s children went to a ner by high school at the time and rembers the concern that overwhelmed the community, “there were notifications and letters and concerns and special care taken for the kids at school.”
Using several social media platforms, authorities say Hernandez would contact victims via private message stating that he had in possession sexually explicit photos of the person he was contacting and then ask the victim send him more. After receiving the photos, Hernandez would then demand more and more photos. However, when a victim would refuse to cooperate any further, he would post the online threats, promising violence at Plainfield High School.
Zeniger says while it she was scare during the times the threats were being made, it was more nerve wracking after the fact, when police had no informaiton.
“The announcement that the threats were going out went out, then there were no developments. it was really quiet for a long time,” says Zeniger.
In one instance, after a victim, who he had been targeting for close to 16 months, refused to go along any further, Hernandez, threatened a massacre at Plainfield High School, posting “I will slaughter your entire class and save you for last. I will lean over you as you scream and cry and beg for mercy right before I slit your ear.”
The threats aimed at Plainfield High School also named specific students, promising in one threat that there would be a “bloodbath” at the school.
He also made threats targeted at Danville. Threats included racist and homophobic slurs.
In addition to targeting the school, on Dec. 18, 2015, a threat was posted on Facebook targeting the Shops at Perry Crossing in Plainfield, a place where Zeniger and her family come often. “It was a thought of not wanting to come here that was concern for sure. It definitely crossed your mind,” she said.
After posting his threats, which terrorized the town of Plainfield and Plainfield and Danville high schools, Hernandez was taken into custody in the summer of 2017 as authorities traced his IP address using a tracking tool on a video while posing as one of his victims.
Hernandez was tracked to his residence in Bakersfield, California. He was arrested on Aug. 3, 2017.
Hernandez is currently being held in the Marion County Jail waiting on his next federal court hearing.