LEBANON, Ind. (WISH) — The man who was injured in a fire at a Lebanon gas station intentionally set it and died as a result of his injuries, according to the Lebanon Fire Department.
Originally, firefighters were called to the BP station in the 1900 block of Indianapolis Avenue just before 2 a.m. Oct. 13 for a commercial building fire.
The department said an employee of the BP station, Karmbir Singh, who was the only person present at the time of the fire, was seen on video soaking a number of items in gasoline. The department also said those items were later discovered to have been used to start the fire.
Singh, who was injured in the fire, was taken to the hospital for treatment. The department said Wednesday that Singh died Sunday as a result of his injuries.