INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Two people were found dead in an apartment on the city’s southeast side Friday morning, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.
The Marion County Coroner’s Office on Monday identified them as Savannah Blevens, 34, and Anthony Henderson Jr., 35. Blevens’ death was ruled a homicide; Henderson’s death was ruled a suicide.
Police were called about 10 a.m. Friday to check on the welfare of people in an apartment complex in the 7800 block of Tanza Road.
Upon arrival, officers found Blevens and Henderson dead with gunshot wounds.
Anyone with information about this incident should call homicide Detective Ryan Clark at 317-327-3475 or e-mail him at Ryan.Clark@indy.gov.
Mental health resources
- NAMI Helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI (6264)
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Be Well Indiana Crisis Helpline: 211
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs mental health webpage