Deputies: Man used werewolf mask, shock collar to abuse 2-year-old child

ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. (WKRG) – A Florida man is behind bars after deputies say he used multiple ways of torture to abuse a 2-year-old girl.

The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office says the girl’s mother brought her to the hospital with the suspicion of ringworm. Deputies say the ER doctors immediately determined the ring marks on the child were burn marks. 

Thirty-seven-year-old Andrew Ross Celaius was arrested and has been charged with aggravated child abuse and tampering of evidence. 

After searching the home, the sheriff’s office found a substantial amount of video and photo evidence of abuse taken on home surveillance and cellphone video. 

The sheriff’s office says video showed Ross Celaius throwing water bottles at the child to wake her up. Investigators say he would also use a lighter to burn the child. Video also shows Celaius shooting the child with an airsoft gun in order to wake her up. 

Trending Headlines

Video showed him wearing a werewolf mask during the abuse.

The sheriff’s office says the most disturbing video shows the child wearing a dog shock collar. They said you could hear the child shrieking whenever the shock collar was triggered. 

Deputies say another man, Eric Furnans, 36, was arrested in connection to the case, where he will be charged with tampering of evidence. The sheriff’s office says Ross Celaius called Furnans from jail asking him to destroy cellphones. 

The sheriff’s office says the mother of the 2-year-old was arrested and charged with neglect. She has bonded out. The sheriff’s office says they believe she was unaware of the abuse. She is fully cooperating with the investigation.

The sheriff’s office says they’re continuing to search through the video evidence. There is a possibility of additional charges for Ross Celaius. Deputies also continue to investigate the possibility of sexual abuse towards the 2-year-old. 

Ross Celaius has a criminal history, including a 2006 case where he was charged in the homicide of a 2-year-old. He was acquitted in that case.