You may know… there are some serious personal and professional benefits to having a creative hobby — but with all the responsibilities of real life, we often feel like we’re just too busy.
Kim Shrack, Hoopla! Letters, tell us about the Hoopla! Letters Membership Program, designed to help busy ladies rediscover their inner creativity through calligraphy instruction and projects delivered monthly!
Here’s more, as told by Kim, herself:
• As a society, we have less and less free time. Between longer working hours, kids’ after-school activities, community commitments and all the other responsibilities that some along with everyday life, our free time is at a serious premium. And when we do have it, we sorta waste it – a Dept. of Labor Study found Americans spend more than half their free time watching TV.
• Watching TV and scrolling through Pinterest are fine — I’m a BIG fan — but these are just a way of passing time. Hobbies, on the other hand, are active — you are actually doing something, learning something, making something. And the benefits of this are huge.
• Studies have shown that hobbies provide us with stress reduction, help us extend our social circles, improve our self-concept by adding another facet to our identity and so much more.
• But having a creative hobby is difficult to maintain, especially when we are so busy. You’re much more likely to stick with something if you have some guidance along the way. Enter Hoopla! Letters.
• With the Hoopla! Letters Membership Program, you’ll not only learn how to do the super fun art of modern calligraphy, but you’ll also receive new workbooks, video lessons and project tutorials every month. You’ll never need to think about what to practice or what to try next, or how to apply your newfound skills to real life – which is oftentimes the greatest barrier standing between trying something once and making it a regular creative outlet.
• But why practice calligraphy? In terms of creative outlets, it’s very inexpensive, and with brush pens, you can literally do it anywhere – I always have several pens in my purse. It’s also so much more approachable than other creative pursuits – if you already know how to handwrite, you’re halfway there!
• Memberships are available on a monthly plan, or you can buy an annual plan and get 3 months free. They also make great gifts for mom!
• To learn more, go to hooplaletters.com.