Meet Jim Dupler. He’s made a career of woodturning for more than 50 years, and he’ll be showing off his skills at Eagle Creek Park’s Earth Discovery Center this weekend!
• Woodcarver, Woodturner and Woodburner exhibit takes place at Eagle Creek Park’s Earth Discovery Center March 9 & 10 from 9am – 5pm each day
• Cost is free with park admission.
• This event will showcase Indiana woodworkers and their wide array of artwork depicting beautiful wildlife, flora and fauna and/or traditional Native Americans through the fascinating art of woodcarving, woodturning, and wood burning.
• There will be a family activities area with soap carving, decorating tree cookies, a free play area, coloring pages, and a nature’s woodcarver’s station highlighting how native wildlife utilizes wood.
• Most of the artwork at the exhibition will be for sale and 15% of sales will go towards the Eagle Creek Park Foundation.
• The Eagle Creek Park Foundation is a not for profit 501(c)(3) that works to promote, protect and preserve Eagle Creek Park.
Jim received his training working with craftsmen in the furniture industry in Jamestown, NY. After a move to Indianapolis in 1994, he became involved in the local art scene, displaying his work at shows and galleries. Currently you can find his work at the CCA Gallery on Main St in Carmel