News

Family thinks generator sparked fire

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A church that also serves as a family’s home caught fire late Tuesday night as a family was using space heaters, a propane heater and a generator to stay warm.

Indianapolis Fire Department officials said the family believes the generator may have sparked the fire.

Fire crews arrived to the home in the 3000 block of West 10th Street just after 11:30 p.m. The building, Church of the Lord Jesus Christ, is used as a day care during the day. At night, a family of seven lives there, according to IFD.

The family got out of the home without injuries.

The fire left about $25,000 in damages.

Trending Headlines

MORE STORIES

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK