INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Friday is Carb Day for racing fans, and the last time drivers can practice before Sunday’s big race.
Gates open at 8 a.m. At gate entrances, crews will be checking contents of coolers and bags. This year’s rules are different than years prior.
Here’s what you can bring in this weekend to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
- Coolers (restricted to no larger than 18″x14″x14″, coolers may be hard or soft sided)
- Food and beverages
- Binoculars, scanners and cameras
- Camera stands (tripods, monopods, etc.) are allowed in the facility as long as they do not cause a safety hazard nor obstruct the view of others.
- Strollers, lawn chairs and folding camping chairs
- Umbrellas are allowed and may be used as long as the user does not obstruct the view of others and takes sole responsibility for their safe use.
- Mobility aids used by guests with disabilities are allowed.
Here is what’s not allowed:
- Weapons of any kind
- Roller blades, skateboards, skates and scooters