Local

IFD: Candles sparked house fire that injured 2

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Two people were hurt in a morning fire on the southeast side, according to the Indianapolis Fire Department.

It happened in the 5200 block of Brookville Road just after 7 a.m. Sunday.

Three people were in the house when the fire started.

Two of those people were taken to Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Hospital for smoke inhalation.

Candles burning in the home may have caused the fire, firefighters say.

MORE STORIES

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK