TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTWO) — Four people were arrested in Vigo County after a drug task force found Xanax-laced gummies, other drugs and guns inside a trailer.
Dyllong Ware, Levi Dowden, Maizie Rogers and Orville Anderson, Jr. each face multiple charges related to drugs and weapon possession.
The Vigo County Drug Task Force (VCDTF) has been involved in an investigation concerning the distribution of controlled substances in the Terre Haute and Vigo County areas.
According to authorities, the investigation began when a Vigo County School District had at least one student overdose on candies that had been laced with Xanax, a schedule 4 controlled substance.
Wednesday night, the VCDTF obtained a search warrant for a residence on the north end of Vigo County after identifying it as a source location for several controlled substances consistent with what the overdosed students had ingested.
During the investigation, detectives learned that the suspects had numerous firearms and several dogs inside the trailer, and the assistance of the Terre Haute Police Department’s Special Response Team was requested to secure the location.
The occupants of the residence had attempted to destroy evidence of a hallucinogenic drug by pouring the liquids contained in two one-gallon containers into the toilet.
Indiana State Police Clandestine Lab Team arrived at the address to collect samples of the remaining liquids and make the location safe.
VCDTF continued the search of the residence and property and located the following items: 69.4 grams of ecstasy (MDMA); 6.1 grams of cocaine (powder); 74 Clonazepan pills; 94.6 grams marijuana; 28.4 grams THC wax; 690.9 grams of suspected Xanax-laced gummies; approximately 15 pounds of suspected K2, or spice; 23.6 pounds of Mimosa root bark; thousands of empty capsules; five long guns; and 13 handguns, two of which were stolen.
The following subjects were charged with the following crimes and transported to the Vigo County Jail.
Dyllon Ware, Levi Dowden and Maizie Rogers:
- Count 1: Dealing in a Schedule 1 (Level 2 Felony)
- Count 2: Dealing in a Schedule 1 (Level 2 Felony)
- Count 3: Conspiracy to Commit Dealing in a Schedule 1 (Level 2 Felony)
- Count 4: Dealing in Cocaine (Level 2 Felony)
- Count 5: Dealing in a Schedule IVControlled Substance (Level 2 Felony)
- Count 6: Possession of Cocaine (Level 4 Felony)
- Count 7: Dealing in a Look-a-like (Level 5 Felony)
- Count 8: Conspiracy to Commit Dealing in a Look-a-Like (Level 5 Felony)
- Count 9: Altering Identifying Marks on a Handgun (Level 5 Felony)
- Count 10: Dealing in Marijuana (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 11: Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 12: Possession of a Schedule II Controlled Substance (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 13: Possession of a Schedule IV Controlled Substance (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 14: Theft of a Firearm (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 15: Theft of a Firearm (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 16: Maintaining a Common Nuisance (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 17: Possession of a Look-a-Like (Level 6 Felony)
- Count 18: Possession of Marijuana (Class B Misdemeanor)
Orville Anderson Jr.:
- Count 1: Possession of a Firearm by a Serious Violent Felon
- Count 2: Resisting Law Enforcement
- Count 3: Possession of a Schedule 1 Controlled Substance
- Count 4: Obstruction of Justice
- Count 5: Visiting a Common Nuisance