INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Health officials said a case of the measles has been confirmed in northern Indiana.
Officials with the Indiana State Department of Health are working to identify anyone who may have been exposed to the disease.
Local health departments and health care providers in LaGrange and Steuben counties are assisting ISDH. Health officials in Michigan and Texas are also being consultd due to the risk of exposure in those states.
Immunization is the best defense against the disease. Several states in the country have seen an increase in measles activity recently.
If you are unsure of your immunization records you should consult your doctor.
ISDH said anyone who visited the following locations during the times listed may have been exposed to the measles:
- Chuy’s Restaurant – 1512 Harvey Road, College Station, texas 77840 – Friday, March 29
- Cameron Memorial Community Hospital Urgent Care – 1381 N. Wayne St., Angola, IN 46703 – March 30, 3:45 p.m. – 6:35 p.m.
- Cameron Memorial Community Hospital Laboratory – March 30, 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Holy Angels Catholic Church – 402 S. Nottawa St., Sturgis, MI 49091 – Sunday, March 31
- San Miguel Grocery – 211 Jacob St., Sturgis, MI 49091 – Sunday, March 31
- Walmart Supercenter – 1500 S. Centerville Road, Sturgis, MI 49091 – Sunday, March 31
Click here to learn more about the disease.