INDIANAPOLIS (Inside INdiana Business) — Indianapolis-based nonprofit Be Nimble Foundation has unveiled the winners of a pitch competition as part of its inaugural Black Innovation Week. The organization says the event featured Black-owned, idea-stage startups in the tech and consumer product sectors.
The Grand Prize winner was Martina Jackson for Capture Noire, a photography editing suite concept that allows users to capture and edit portraits with a focus on tech that is optimized for darker skin tones. Jackson took home $5,000 and will receive additional resources to help scale her business.
Four startups each received $2,500 cash investments, along with the additional resources. They include:
- GemCity Selfies – a playground for our wildest dreams! Using vibrant colors and interactive props to increase mental wellness so you can grow to become your best self!
- For Every Buy – is a discounted e-commerce marketplace for minority and women-owned businesses across the U.S. brought to us by Chavonne Henderson.
- Align – a mental health smartphone application designed to create a better future for the culture!
- BUBL – a hybrid consumer application that combines communication and travel/trip planning tools together to ease the heavy burden of being the “trip planner” for your family, friends or team.
Additionally, seven startups received a cash prize of $1,000. They include:
- Le Nord Noirl – seeks to combat food deserts and create a line of aperitifs personally crafted from farm to bottle.
- Soul Curly Kit – a customizable natural hair care subscription box that features hair products, tools, and accessories.
- ROJOrganics – focuses on embracing the authenticity and beauty that lies within each of us, naturally and organically.
- Queue0 – an online education platform where students can connect one-on-one with their school educators without the need for an appointment.
- Pink Champaigne Laundry Services – a pickup and drop off laundry business with an app to give customers the ability to schedule pickups and watch the progress of their laundry being done.
- Blüm Relocation Technologies – a project management software tool for the moving/relocation process, and a box of new home essentials delivered the day you move to your new home.
- Ardhio – a blockchain-based platform for fractional ownership in real estate.