MUNCIE, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) — The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County has awarded nearly $600,000 to 14 nonprofit organizations. The foundation says the funding will support a variety of projects in arts and culture, human services, economic development and education.
The organizations receiving the funding include:
- A Better Way Services, Inc. – $57,000 to defray cost of providing advocacy and services for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and their children, a 24-hour suicide hotline and a general crisis hotline.
- Ball State University Foundation – $17,500 for the expansion of the Dr. Joe and Alice Rinard Orchid Greenhouse.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Muncie -$67,500 to support operations of the clubs, which serves 600 registered youth.
- Bridges Community Services – $40,000 to recruit, retain and develop qualified staff.
- Cardinal Greenway Inc. – $30,000 to support the cost of operations.
- Community Enhancement Projects, Inc. – $35,000 to support the construction and installation of signage for the Muncie Memory Spiral in Muncie’s Heekin Park.
- Cornerstone Center for the Arts – $55,000 to support operational expenses and make technological updates to the historical building.
- Greater Muncie, IN Habitat for Humanity, Inc. – $80,000 to support Habitat’s 2021 housing program and defray the cost of a new administration building for Greater Muncie, IN Habitat for Humanity.
- Home Savers of Delaware County – $57,000 to provide urgent home repairs for low-income homeowners.
- Muncie Children’s Museum – $50,000 to support the More to Explore Campaign to create new educational and interactive exhibits for children.
- Project Leadership – $30,000 to support college and career and social and emotional programming as part of a Project Leadership pivot to virtual services, and to assist the sustainability of the Delaware County Comprehensive Counseling Coalition.
- Shafer Leadership Academy – $18,500 to support the salary for the newly created virtual programs manager position and to support for the nonprofit executive directors’ group.
- Urban Light CDC – $20,000 to defray cost of neighborhood engagement and housing revitalization in Muncie’s South Central and Industry neighborhoods.
- YWCA Central Indiana – $40,000 to defray costs of the Emergency Shelter and C.O.T.S. Stay programs.