PLAINFIELD, Ind. (Inside INdiana Business) — Eighteen Indiana economic development groups are receiving funding from Plainfield-based Duke Energy Indiana and its Marketing Partnership program. Each group was awarded $5,000 to increase awareness of economic development strategies, marketing campaigns and special events.
Duke says each applicant submitted a plan with direct impact to the community’s economic growth, which did not include travel, lodging, food, beverage or entertainment expenses.
“Duke Energy is committed to strengthening collaborative efforts with our local and regional economic development partners,” said Erin Schneider, Indiana director of economic development for Duke Energy. “These grants provide those partners with resources to fund marketing and strategic efforts that result in new jobs and investments in the communities we serve.”
Organizations receiving funding:
- Aspire Economic Development + Chamber Alliance, Inc.
- City of Fishers Economic Development Office
- City of Noblesville Economic Development Office
- East Central Indiana Regional Partnership
- Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance, Inc.
- Grow Wabash County
- Hancock County Economic Development Council
- Huntington County United Economic Development Corporation
- Invest Hamilton County
- Jackson County Industrial Development Corporation
- Jennings County Economic Development Commission
- Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
- Orange County Economic Development Partnership
- Purdue Research Foundation, Economic Development Office
- Rush County Economic and Community Development
- South Central Indiana Economic Development Group
- Success Warrick County
- Vermillion Rise Mega Park