INDIANAPOLIS (Inside INdiana Business) — Twelve recipients have been chosen by the Indiana Office of Career and Technical Education for a Next Level Programs of Study Implementation Grants. The grants will provide up to $50,000 each to present a pilot program of a Next Level Program of Study during the 2020-2021 school year.
The initiative aims to revitalize career and technical education programming in the state and will be implemented across the state in 2021-2022 school year. New programs are being developed by the Office of CTE, who is working with Ivy Tech Community College, Vincennes University and K-12 teachers and administrators. Each study program will provide designed coursework to give Indiana students the chance to earn industry certifications and postsecondary certificates while still enrolled in high school.
The grant recipients will be piloting ten different career pathway programs, with funds from the grants to be utilized for needed equipment or professional development. Each pilot program will serve as a model for schools as they rollout the statewide Next Level Programs of Study in 2021-2022.
The Office of CTE awarded 36 planning grants of $5,000 each, with each recipient participating in virtual workshops to collaborate with community partners to implement a specific plan. Thirty of the grantees submitted plans and 12 were chosen to receive implementation grants.
Full list of recipients:
- Blue River Career Programs – Shelbyville – Automation & Robotics
- Hamilton Heights High School – Arcadia – Civil Construction
- North Lawrence Community Schools – Bedford – Early Childhood Education
- Perry Central Community Schools – Leopold – Construction Trades
- West Central Indiana Career and Technical Education – Crawfordsville – Welding
- Winchester Community High School – Winchester – Precision Machining
- Manchester Community Schools – North Manchester – Business Administration
- South Harrison Community School Corporation – Corydon – Healthcare Specialist, Pre-Nursing
- Collaboration of Shoals, Mitchell & Orleans Schools – Shoals, Orleans, Mitchell – Construction Trades/Healthcare Specialist, Pre-Nursing
- Indianapolis Public Schools – Indianapolis – Healthcare Specialist, Pre-Nursing
- Heartland Career Center – Wabash – Agribusiness
- MSD of Warren County – West Lebanon – Precision Agriculture