INDIANAPOLIS (Inside INdiana Business) — Indianapolis-based Wheeler Mission will Wednesday break ground on its expanded center for women and children.
The $13 million project will feature 164 new permanent beds, including 30 transitional apartments for mothers with children, a childcare area and dining areas.
Officials say the expansion addresses “a desperate need for increased space and resources to assist the largest growing homeless population: women and children.”
The event will run from 10-11 a.m. and feature remarks from:
- Rick Alvis, President and CEO, Wheeler Mission
- Allison Melangton, Capital Campaign Chair, Sr. Vice President, Events, Hulman Motorsports
- Jeff Bennett, Deputy Mayor of Community Development, City of Indianapolis
- Vop Osili, President of the Indianapolis City-County Council
- Blake Johnson, Indianapolis City-County Council Councillor, District 12
- Megan Sims, District Director, Office of Congressman André Carson
The event will take place at 3208 E. Michigan St. in Indianapolis.