FISHERS, Ind. (WISH) – The annual Spark!Fishers festival starts on Tuesday.
The yearly festival happens around Independence Day, but new this year is a weeklong celebration from Tuesday through Saturday.
The theme Hometown Heroes will honor the people of Fishers who have served the community and the country. The expanded, weeklong celebration will happen in Fishers’ downtown Nickel Plate District with new ways for the community to celebrate each day with five nights of fun.
The events offered include an expanded Kids Zone and a Ferris wheel in the middle of 116th Street.
Friday’s Spin Doctors show was canceled at the band’s request. Plans to potentially reschedule their appearance at the venue for the 2021 season are being made.
7-9 p.m. Tuesday: Kick off the Spark!Fishers celebration with the Tuesday Night Community Concert featuring The Midtown Madmen, showcasing music from the 1950s and ’60s, at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater. Admission is free; no tickets are required. Food, nonalcoholic beverages, chairs, and blankets are welcome. Outside alcohol is not permitted, but food and drink will be available for purchase on site.
Half Pint Half K & 5K Walk/Run
6:30 and 7 p.m. Wednesday: The family-friendly 5K Walk/Run will depart from Fishers City Hall, 1 Municipal Drive, at 7 p.m. A Half Pint Half K race will happen before the 5K at 6:30 p.m. Online registration is available. Onsite registration is permitted until 6:30 p.m.
Car & Art Show
6-9 p.m. Thursday : The Spark!Fishers Car & Art Show will feature vintage and modern cars alongside 30 local artists and artisans on Central Green. This event is free; no tickets are required.
3-10 p.m. Saturday: The Spark!Fishers Street Fair will be around the Municipal Complex, with fun including:
- Local food and drink, retail vendors, artisans and more, along with the Dining Tent.
- Three entertainment stages featuring live performances throughout the day, including the main NPD AMP stage, the Community Stage, and the Platform Stage.
- A Kids Zone with bounce houses, games, face painters and more kid-friendly fun.
- Roots at Spark!Fishers, a teen zone featuring a mobile skate park and dance battles with 31Svn Street Dance Academy.
- Fishers Arts Council presents a new experience, Spark of Creativity. Find your creative Spark and try out introductory experiences in movement, music, fiber arts and acrylic painting.
- Cool down at Heroes Hall in the City Hall Auditorium, presented by Folds of Honor, where we will honor our hometown heroes who have served the country and community. Prepare a care package for a local hero, watch a video highlighting these hometown heroes, and check out special demonstrations from the Fishers Police Department, Fishers Health Department and members of the Monon District Boy Scout Troops.
6 p.m. Saturday: The parade in Fishers’ Nickel Plate District will feature floats and walking groups from local organizations and civic groups.
10 p.m. Saturday: The fireworks show will be launched from Holland Park, 1 Park Drive. Suggested viewing locations include the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater Lawn and throughout the Municipal Complex. Holland Park will be closed for viewing during the show for safety reasons.
Events parking, closures
Event parking and road closures
For events Tuesday through Friday evening, parking is available around the Municipal Complex and downtown Fishers. On Saturday, guests are encouraged to park at the Forum Credit Union Headquarters, 11313 USA Parkway, and take the free event shuttle. Shuttles will run regularly beginning at 1:30 p.m. Saturday through the end of the event. Surface lots and parking garages around the Municipal Complex will be closed for public access during the event. Rideshare drop off and pick up will occur at The Edge Parking Garage, 8890 E. 116th St. Bicycle parking is available around the Municipal Complex.
116th Street is currently closed east of Municipal Drive to west of Maple Street for the construction of the Nickel Plate Trail pedestrian tunnel. Additional road closures will be in effect for Spark!Fishers festivities beginning on Wednesday evening.
For more information, visit sparkfishers.com and follow @SparkFishers on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.