Discarded cigarette caused Cicero apartment fire

Local

CICERO, Ind. (WISH) — Authorities say a cigarette is to blame for an apartment fire in Cicero on Saturday.

The fire was first reported around 2:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon at an apartment complex located at West Cass Street and Iron Bridge Road.

Investigators say when they arrived to the scene they could see heavy flames.

Two apartment units were destroyed and several other units sustained major damage.

No one was injured in the fire.

Authorities are urging residents to be aware of where you are discarding your cigarettes.

Cicero Apartment FireFire crews were dispatched at 2:28 this afternoon to a fire located at the apartment complex at…

Posted by Cicero Fire Department on Saturday, September 21, 2019

© 2019 Circle City Broadcasting I, LLC. | All Rights Reserved.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

FREE News & Weather Apps

Storm Track 8 Weather App

Download Now:

WISH-TV News App

Download Now: