INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Have prescription medicine that has either expired or is no longer being used?
Saturday is an opportunity to do that safely with National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
Local law enforcement is also participating in the event and will be collecting the prescription medicine at a number of locations.
The event on Saturday, Oct. 23, goes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Medications can be dropped off at any Indiana State Police post except the Toll Road post. More information about the locations can be found on the ISP website.
Five Indianapolis Fire Department stations are also participating:
- Station 1 located at 1903 W. 10th St.
- Station 2 located at 4120 Mitthoeffer Road
- Station 4 located at 8404 N. Ditch Road
- Station 23 located at 1108 E. Thompson Road
- Station 27 at 2918 E. 10th St.
For more information and to find a convenient location, click here.