I-65 at North Split reopens after 2 years of construction
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — At long last, the North Split is back open!
The Indiana Department of Transportation began a $320 million project to overhaul the North Split, one of the busiest travel areas in Indianapolis, in 2020. Portions of I-65 and I-70 closed to traffic in May 2021.
I-70 at the North Split has already opened in both directions between the South and North Splits.
INDOT is reminding drivers that the Delaware/11th Street ramp to SB I-65 is no longer available and access to the Meridian/Pennsylvania Street exit will only be available through NB I-65.
Drivers can get to downtown Indianapolis via these roadways:
- I-70 WB collector/distributor (C/D) exit ramp to Michigan Street
- I-65 NB/ I-70 EB exit ramp to Washington Street
- I-70 WB to Martin Luther King, Jr./West Street
- I-65 SB to Meridian Street
- I-65 SB to West Street
- All existing ramps on I-70 west of the South Split
The I-65 SB collector/distributor movement, the Ohio Street exit ramp, and the Meridian/Pennsylvania exit ramp remain under construction and are expected to reopen by the end of the month.