Local

IPS releases COVID-19 response plan after 2nd confirmed case in Indiana

IPS releases coronavirus plan

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indianapolis Public Schools announced a plan Sunday in response to COVID-19.

This comes after the Indiana State Health Department on Sunday confirmed a second person in Indiana tested positive for the virus. Those two people are in Marion County and Hendricks County.

The district sent a letter to parents detailing the response plan amid the global coronavirus outbreak.

IPS also released a travel reporting form for anyone in a student’s household who has traveled or is planning to travel to one of the countries on the travel advisory list from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The district said planned school and district-sponsored out-of-state travel may be allowed but will reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Trending Headlines

IPS said all previously approved employee out-of-state travel is being reviewed and new out-of-state travel requests will not be approved until further notice, except in cases of emergency, which will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

District officials said school nurses and health professionals will continue to review and update the emergency preparedness plan.

MORE STORIES

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK