INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indianapolis Public Schools has created a solution to help students without access to technology and the internet to continue e-learning.
IPS superintendent Alessia Johnson says laptops and internet access will get shipped directly to students’ homes.
The district says they’ve been reaching out to families for the last week to see what each student needs.
Videos will be shared with parents on how to support students during this time.
Families with children in kindergarten through 8th grade will get materials via mail. Teachers will be creating videos online to support student learning.
They will also be sharing office hours online.
The school district has said meals will not be picked up throughout the week. They will be distributed on only Mondays and Wednesdays. All meals will include breakfast, lunch and dinner. families will get six meals on Monday to cover two days and nine meals on Wednesdays to cover three days.
All meals can be picked up in the parking lot of 14 district schools:
11 a.m. — 12 p.m.
- Carl Wilde School 79 — 5002 W. 34th St. (parking lot off of Auburn Road)
- George Washington High School — 2215 W. Washington St.
- Eleanor Skillen School 34 — 1410 Wade St.
- Brookside School 54 — 3150 E. 10th St. (parking lot off of North Dearborn Street.)
- Arlington Woods School 99 — 5801 30th St.
- James Whitcomb Riley School 43 — 150 W. 40th St.
- Charles Warren Fairbanks School 105 — 8620 Montery Road
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Northwest Middle School — 5525 W. 34th St.
- Matchbook Learning @ Wendell Phillips School 63 — 1163 Belmont Ave.
- Urban Act Academy @ Washington Irving 14 — 1250 E. Market St.
- Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School — 2302 E. Michigan St.
- George S. Buck School 94 — 2701 Devon Ave.
- Phalen Leadership Academy @ Francis Scott Key 103 — 3920 Baker Drive
- Louis B. Russell Jr. School 48 — 3445 Central Ave.
The IPS Food Service team will no longer use the Bus Stop Café at these locations. Instead, prepackaged meals will be served from trucks.
- Blackburn Terrace — 3091 Baltimore Ave., from 11–11:30 a.m.
- Laurelwood Apartments — 3340 Teakwood Drive, from 12:30–1 p.m.