INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Marion County Health Public has updated their guidance for those planning to attend large public gatherings.
The department says seniors who suffer from chronic medical issues such as heart disease, diabetes and lung disease should reconsider going to those events.
This is due in response to the coronavirus and the ongoing effort to fight against spreading it.
Additionally, the department reminds everyone there are things we all can do in order to help reduce the spread of the illness such as:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Wash hands after touching surfaces in public places.
- Avoid touching the face, nose or eyes.
- Routinely clean and sanitize frequently-touched surfaces at home and work.