INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indianapolis Indians 20th anniversary for Victory Field is Monday.
The Indians don’t have a home game tonight, but they celebrated the anniversary Friday evening.
On Friday fans helped the team celebrate and were offered:
- A special fireworks show following the game
- The first 2,500 fans received a Victory Field replica
- Fans had the opportunity to get autographs from Indians players and coaches
Here are some fun facts about about how much fans have consumed at Victory Field since the ballpark’s first game on July 11, 1996:
- 2.5 million sodas
- 7.5 million hot dogs
- 2.1 million cheeseburgers
- 11,000 gallons of ketchup
- 3.1 million beers
- 1 million pretzels
- 55,000 gallons of nacho cheese
- 600,000 ice cream cones
- 550,000 bags of peanuts
- 14 million napkins
IPL and Visit Indy also celebrated the anniversary.