WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) – A home is destroyed by an early morning fire Thursday.
Firefighters were called to the 2300 block of North Orchard Place in West Terre Haute, near Saint Mary of the Woods around 1 a.m.
Crews told 24-Hour News 8’s sister station, WTHI, they found heavy flames shooting from all sides of the home.
A 76 year old woman was transported to a local hospital for minor burns.
Fire officials said the fire was started by that woman who was smoking while on oxygen.
Family members were alerted by smoke detectors.
The Red Cross is helping the three adults and two children who lived there.