Kids in the kitchen? Why, yes!
Stephanie Drewry, Owner, Sprouts Cooking School, and her daughter Grace, help us celebrate the month of May with the fun theme, “May the 4th be With You,” featuring Yoda Guacamole and BB-8 pizzas.
May the 4th be With You with these recipes for Yoda Guacamole and BB-8 pizza
About Sprouts Cooking School: (as told by Stephanie)
Sprouts Cooking School is the only designated kids cooking school in Indiana. Families from around the Indianapolis area, as well as statewide, from Fort Wayne to Evansville, visit us for children’s cooking classes.
Our mission is simple. We desire for every child to build a strong foundation for a lifelong love of cooking, to encourage families to get into the kitchen and cook with their children and to empower the next generation of foodies.
We host single classes, month long Sprouting Chef workshops, camps, birthday parties and special events for children 3 through 13. This summer Sprouts features 29 summer cooking camps to choose from, including favorites like Nailed It!, Basket Challenges, Cake Boss and Make Your Own Restaurant.
May in Indy is amazing, and we’ve got fun themed classes to celebrate: May the 4th Be With You, Cinco de Mayo, Mother’s Day, Race Day and Harry Potter.
· Our May the 4th Be With You Class is a Kid’s Night Out class. Takes place 5/4 6:30-8:30 p.m. and cost is $49.
· Monthly, we feature Kid’s Night Out Friday and Saturday night options, where Sprouting Chef’s can join us 6:30-8:30 p.m. for themed cooking fun in the kitchen, while parents enjoy an evening out as well.
· We also feature a month-long Chef Series, where Sprouting Chefs progress in their skills and recipes over the 3 or 4 weeks.
· Due to popular demand, we’ve increased our summer camps this year to 29! We have camps for 3-5, 6-8 and 9-13. Both daytime and evening options.
· We’re a peanut and tree nut free cooking school.
· We have exciting news! MasterChef Jr LIVE is coming to Indy this October and Sprouts is collaborating with Butler Arts Center to help make it an amazing experience. Watch our social over the next few months, as we’ll have a ticket giveaway contest soon.
OUR SPROUTING CHEFS GAIN:
· An adventurous palate
· Explore with the senses
· Small muscle control and eye-hand coordination
· Confidence Boost
· Social Development
· Attention to Detail
· Strengthened Communication Skills
· Nutrition Knowledge
· Food and Kitchen Safety
· Strengthened Basic Math Skills
· A Life Long Interest/Hobby
Sprouts Cooking School understands that there are a growing number of food allergies in young children. We are and will remain a peanut and tree nut free cooking school.
We have exciting news for fall 2019! MasterChef Jr LIVE is coming to Indy and Sprouts is collaborating with Butler Arts Center to help make it an amazing experience. Watch our social over the next few months, we’ll have a ticket giveaway contest very soon.
About Owner Stephanie Drewry:
Stephanie has a bachelor’s degree in elementary education from Purdue University. She has always loved working with and being around children. She is extremely passionate about her job — from teaching children a new take on their favorite recipe to instructing them on fresh herbs and new ingredients. She thoroughly enjoys opening their minds to something they may not have tried, and beams with pride when she has a breakthrough moment with a picky eater.
When she is not busy with her 3 little ones or teaching her Sprouting Chefs, she loves watching the Food Network, creating new recipes and entertaining friends and family. Food allergies are also something very near and dear to her heart as her youngest child has life-threatening allergies to both peanuts and tree nuts.
As Sprouts Cooking School continues to grow, her goal is for every child to build a foundation for a lifelong love of cooking, to inspire and empower this generation of foodies, and to encourage families to get in to the kitchen and cook with their kids.
Easy guacamole recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RL75nzLQwI