Local

“Montage on Mass” proposal pulled

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A proposed digital canvas project proposed for Mass. Ave. was pulled by the developer Wednesday evening according to the Indianapolis Historic Preservation Commission.

Councilors said they would vote against it, so the developer withdrew the petition before a vote was taken on the issue.

The “Montage on Mass” proposal has been controversial from the start. Developers pitched the plan last year to build a $50 million complex that would include a three story display screen that would rotate and be lit 24 hours a day. The display would have showcased local artists.

Local artists were in favor of the plan, however, opponents like the IHPC said the project would not fit in with the historic district.

MORE STORIES