Prosecutor’s office plans for National Crime Victims’ Rights Week
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Monday is the start of National Crime Victims’ Rights week.
Events are planned across the country, including here in Central Indiana.
Claressa Patton, a victim advocate with the Marion County Prosecutor’s office, stopped by Daybreak on Sunday to talk about some of the events, and how she works with victims all year long.
- Serving victims is your focus all year long, why is this specific week important?
- What do you think is the most unknown about what victims go through after a crime is committed?
- How can people learn about resources available?
- What will the prosecutor’s office be hosting this week?
- This year’s theme is serving victims, building trust, restoring hope. How does the theme relate to the victims of crime?