Spring has finally arrived—despite the snow we may have seen this past Saturday. Just because it may feel like it’s still winter outside, doesn’t mean your wardrobe has to!
Wardrobe Stylist Raemia Higgins highlights some of the top shoe trends of the season that let your feet do all the talking!
– Whether it is heels, ballet flats, or even Birkenstock’s, metallic (namely silver) is a trend that you will see everywhere. What I love most about it is that it instantly elevates an outfit from basic to bombshell. Pair with a white tee and jeans and you’re stylishly out the door.
2. Statement heel & embellishments
– I love little details and “wow” factors—especially on shoes. This season, prepare for a lot of that. Designers have taken the traditional heel and given it more interest by adding embellishments on the heel of shoes, as well as a sculptural element. Your everyday block heel is reinvented with pearls wrapped around the bottom. You’ll also see heels that are not the typical square or pointed, but asymmetrical and/or circular. These types of heels add dimension to your outfit. Pairs perfectly with a skirt and top for the office.
3. Crochet espadrilles and sandals
– Espadrilles are a Spring staple. Designers, such as Gucci, have taken the traditional flat and remixed it with a crochet fabrication and bold colors. This trend is both cute and comfortable. Pairs perfectly with cropped denim and a blouse, or on vacation at the beach.
4. Heavy branding
– This is definitely a trend we see as carryover from fall. Heavy allover branding was most popular in apparel, but now we are seeing it more on footwear. Teva style sandals are covered with brand logos to make more of a statement. The perfect on-the-go shoe that still makes you feel fashionable, even in your yoga pants and jacket.
– Yep, you read that right: flatforms, not to be confused with platforms. Though you may be unfamiliar with the term “flatform”, chances are you are very familiar with the style and may already own some. Flatform’s are basically and elevated sandal, usually with a woven bottom. Perfect for when a flat isn’t enough, but a heel is just too much. This look is great with jeans or your favorite day dress.
To learn more, visit www.raemiahiggins.com and @raemiastyle on Instagram.