Wow! Talk about a visual lesson put into perspective!
Today on Indy Style, Jill Hoffman, Executive Director, White River Alliance, puts on a “show and tell” performance that really explains the reality of the issues facing our state’s diverse water resources.
It’s all part of the first Indiana Water Summit, which includes dynamic speakers, national experts and interactive elements, all in hopes of educating and informing!
• This year’s event will be held on Aug. 12-13 in Indianapolis.
• The Summit will feature a Kick-off Event on Aug. 12 from 5-8 p.m. at the Indiana State Museum. This event is open to the public and will feature keynote speakers discussing relevant water issues and what citizens can do to engage in water planning and protection efforts.
• The Summit will also feature an Action Forum on Monday. Aug. 13 from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Interactive sessions, speakers and panels will feature national, state and regional experts across the full spectrum of water users, researchers and policy makers.
• The goal of the Summit is to inform public officials, policy makers, industry leaders and individual citizens about the ways we can improve and protect our waters and be prepared to respond to future needs.
• Charles Fishman, author of “The Big Thirst: The Secret Life and Turbulent Future of Water,” the best-selling water book in a generation, will be featured as the Summit’s keynote speaker.
• To get involved with the Summit, you can become a part of the White River Alliance’s Water Investors group, established specifically to support future Water Summit events, and/or register for Summit events by visiting: