Michelle Dudash, Registered Dietitian, Chef and Creator of the 4Real Food Reboot, shares five tips for squeezing everything into one carry-on bag ahead of your next trip:
1. Go micro bottles on everything.
We’re not just talking the travel-size bottles you see in the travel bins at drug stores. Seek out 1 oz bottles for liquids (Michelle finds hers at The Container Store). Use contact lens cases and tiny screw-caps jars for meds, creams, and such. Buy travel-size for all aerosols. While they are more expensive ounce-for-ounce compared to full-size, you’re saving big time on checked baggage fees.
2. Pick one group of wardrobe colors that all go together.
Pick colors that match one set of shoes and purses to go with all of your outfits. For example, only bring outfits that match gold or camel colored shoes and purses. You could also go with outfits that go with black shoes and purses.
3. Roll outfits together tightly and secure with bands.
This also helps you find things quickly if you’re not going to completely unpack during your trip. You can also use packing cubes.
4. Pack delicates and wrinkle-prone items in a folding pack.
5. Stuff shoes with rolled socks and other small items.
For more from Michelle, go to www.michelledudash.com.