Toxicology tests to determine if dog was poisoned at UK show
LONDON (AP) – One of the owners of an Irish setter feared poisoned at Britain’s leading dog show says she is devastated by the loss – but that she doesn’t believe one of the other competitors is responsible.
Breeder Dee Milligan-Bott posted a message on social media on Monday that described the death of 3-year-old Thendara Satisfaction, known as Jagger, as a “heinous crime.” The dog died after appearing at the world-famous Crufts show.
Milligan-Bott said beef cubes containing up to three different poisons – which led to a painful death for the animal – were “stitched into the meat.”
But she says she doesn’t “think that this was the act of another exhibitor.”
The Kennel Club, which organizes Crufts, says it is awaiting a toxicology report on the dog’s death.