They’re dishes that are perfect for Lent or just any weekday night at home!
In our kitchen today, Chef Brian Newlin, Bonefish Grill, serves up a Grilled Salmon Superfood Salad AND Saigon Scallops and Shrimp.
About Bonefish Grill:
• Bonefish Grill has a variety of delicious and healthy seafood options that are Lent friendly for fish Friday’s, including the Grilled Salmon Superfood Salad and Saigon Scallops and Shrimp.
• With Lent in full swing, diners are seeking meat-free options for Friday and beyond. The OMG 3-course dinner for two includes a perfectly paired variety of unique seafood offerings to create the ultimate dinner for two just under $49.
• Bonefish Grill specializes in market-fresh fish from around the world, savory wood-grilled specialties and other locally-focused seasonal dishes using the highest-quality, freshest ingredients.
Bonefish Grill, recognized by TripAdvisor as one of the top restaurants in the U.S., specializes in market-fresh fish from around the world, savory wood-grilled specialties and hand-crafted cocktails. Guests receive “chef’s coat service” and are guided through an innovative, seasonal menu, unique specials and locally-created Neighborhood Catch dishes, featuring the highest-quality and fresh ingredients. The Bonefish experience helps guests Escape the Ordinary, and is based on the premise of simplicity, consistency and a strong commitment to excellence at every level.
Saigon Scallops and Shrimp
o 1/2 LB Shrimp, 16/20 count, Peeled and Deveined
o 3/4 LB Scallops, 10/12 count
o 4 each Bamboo Skewers, 8” long
o 1 tsp Sea Salt
o 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
o 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
o 6 Spritz of Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil (Spray Bottle)
o 1 TBSP Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
o 10 wt oz Vermicelli Noodles, Cooked (Follow manufacturer’s instructions)
o 1 Cup Cole Slaw Mix, Dry (Make your own or buy at the grocery store)
o 1/2 Cup Green Onion, Cut into 1” pieces
o 1 Cup Chinese Soy Sauce (Recipe follows)
o 2 TBSP Green Onions, 1/4” Bias Cut
o 2 tsp Cilantro, Chopped Fine
1. Fire up the grill to 400°F.
2. Place the shrimp and scallops on a flat tray and pat dry with clean paper towels.
3. Place 4-5 shrimp each on two different skewers through the thicker, head end. (This will make them easier to handle)
4. Place 4-5 scallops each on two different skewers through the middle of each scallop.
5. Sprinkle both sides of the shrimp and scallops with sea salt, lemon pepper, and black pepper. Ensure both sides have been evenly coated.
6. Spray the hot grill with olive or grapeseed oil. Spray the shrimp and scallops as well.
7. Place your shrimp and scallops on the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until visible grill marks are achieved. Keep the proteins warm until plating.
8. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
9. Add the tablespoon of olive oil or grapeseed oil.
10. Once the oil is hot, add the cooked vermicelli noodles, dry cole slaw mix, and the 1” green onion pieces. Sauté for 1 minute.
11. Add half of the chinese soy (1/2 Cup) and sauté for an additional minute.
12. Remove the pan from heat and pile the noodles high in two separate bowls.
13. Arrange the warm proteins neatly around the noodles.
14. Ladle the remaining half cup of Chinese soy over the proteins and noodles.
15. Sprinkle the bias cut green onions and chopped cilantro over the dish and enjoy!
Chinese Soy Sauce
o 1 TBSP Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
o 2 tsp Garlic, Minced
o 2 tsp Ginger, Minced
o 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
o 1 ½ fl oz Fish Sauce
o 2 tsp Granulated Sugar
o 1/4 Cup Water
1. Heat the oil in a small sauce pot over medium high heat.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and sauté for 30-60 seconds until soft and translucent. Ensure not to brown the aromatics.
3. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar. Mix well with whisk.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower to a simmer for 4-5 minutes.
5. Add the water and mix well.
6. Transfer the sauce into an appropriate container and allow it to cool in the refrigerator until ready to use. The sauce can be made a day ahead of time.
Salmon Superfood Salad
o 2 each 6 oz Salmon Fillets
o Pinch of Sea Salt and Black Pepper, Freshly Cracked
o 4 Spritz of Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil (Spray Bottle)
o 4 oz Romaine Lettuce, 1” Rough Chop
o 4 oz Kale, 1” Rough Chop
o 1 Cup Sweet Potato, 1/2” Dice, Roasted
o 1 Cup Farro, Cooked
o 1/4 Cup Pickled Onions
o 3 – 4 oz Citrus Flavored Salad Dressing (Or your favorite salad dressing)
o 1/2 of an Avocado, 1/2” Dice
o 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
o 2 TBSP Citrus Aioli (Recipe Follows)
1. Fire up the grill to 400°F.
2. Place the salmon fillets on a flat tray and pat dry with clean paper towels.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with the salt and black pepper. Ensure the salmon has been evenly coated.
4. Spray the hot grill with olive or grapeseed oil. Spray the salmon fillets as well.
5. Place the salmon on your grill at the 2 o’clock position and cook 1-2 minutes.
6. Use a spatula to rotate the fish to the 10 o’clock position and cook an additional 1-2 minutes creating diamond grill marks.
7. Flip the salmon over carefully and repeat steps 5 and 6 until the salmon is cooked to your desired temperature. Keep the salmon warm until you’re ready to plate.
8. Place the chopped romaine, chopped kale, sweet potato, farro, and pickled onions in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the salad dressing and mix well to coat.
9. Divide the salad mixture between two bowls piling the ingredients high. Top each salad with half of the diced avocado and feta cheese.
10. Place your cooked salmon on the top center of each salad. Drizzle a zig zag of citrus aioli over each piece of salmon and enjoy!
o 1 TBSP Olive Oil
o 2 TBSP Garlic, Minced
o 1 Lemon, Zested and Juiced
o 1 Orange, Zested and Juiced
o 1 Cup Mayonnaise
1. Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 30 seconds.
3. Transfer the garlic into a container and allow it to cool in the refrigerator.
4. Completely zest the lemon and the orange.
5. Juice the lemon and the orange.
6. Combine the mayonnaise, cooled garlic, lemon zest, orange zest, lemon juice, and orange juice in a food processor.
7. Turn the food processor on for 30 seconds.
8. Scrape down the sides of the food processor.
9. Turn the food processor on for another 30 seconds.
10. Transfer the citrus aioli into a squeeze bottle preferably or into any small container if you don’t have a squeeze bottle.
11. Refrigerate until ready use.
To learn more, visit:
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bonefishgrill/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bonefishgrill/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/BonefishGrillref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor