Each year, Second Helpings prepares over 1.5 million nutritious meals for neighbors in need to more than 100 partner agencies. WISH-TV is proud to partner with Second Helpings for the first annual Gr8 Pasta Push.
Pasta is always in demand as Second Helpings uses more than 1,100 pounds of pasta per week. Pasta doesn’t tend to get donated throughout the year because the shelf life is so long that wholesalers and grocery stores don’t need to move it along as quickly.
For every $5 donated, Second Helpings provides a nutritious meal to a family of four.
Get involved below!
- Financial Donations are being accepted HERE on Second Helpings website
- Create a Team of Work Colleagues or Friends and raise funds/pasta together!
- Visit Second Helpings online and select “Interest Form” to get started
- Drop off pasta donations at local area partners (see below locations)
Download your Gr8 Pasta Push Tool Kit here:
Second Helpings Facts
- Every $5 donation provides a nutritious and prepared meal for a family of four
- In the wake of COVID-19, food insecurity has doubled, putting more than one in five Hoosiers at risk of hunger
- More than 900 people have graduated Second Helpings job training program
- 22% of Marion County residents use some sort of food assistance
- Donations are tax deductible
Second Helpings is proud to help fight hunger by serving free meals daily to many non-profit Partner Agencies in our community. Full list here.
All donated funds through the GR8 Pasta Push will support Second Helpings’ mission and may be used to purchase pasta or help with the preparation and delivery of meals.