Each year, Second Helpings prepares more than 4,000 nutritious meals each day that are distributed to more than 100 social service agencies that feed Hoosiers in need. WISH-TV is proud to partner with Second Helpings for the fourth annual Gr8 Pasta Push, June 1 – June 15, 2023. Last year, this effort provided more than 160,000 meals for our neighbors in central Indiana.
You can also donate pasta at Second Helpings Birthday Party on the Circle – Thursday, June 15, from 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM, at the southwest quadrant of Monument Circle. This event is free and open to the public, and we hope to see you there!
Pasta is always in demand as Second Helpings uses about 1,000 pounds of pasta per week. That means your participation in the Gr8 Pasta Push makes a huge difference, allowing Second Helpings to keep feeding our neighbors in need.
Our priority item is elbow macaroni. Other small pastas like rotini, bowtie, etc., as well as pasta sauces are also great ingredients for Second Helpings Hunger Relief kitchen.
GET INVOLVED BELOW!
- Financial Donations are being accepted HERE on Second Helpings website
- Create a Team of Work Colleagues or Friends and collect pasta together!
- Visit Second Helpings online and select “Interest Form” to get started
- Drop off pasta donations at local area partners (see below locations)
- Start your own fundraiser or fundraising team!
DOWNLOAD YOUR GR8 PASTA PUSH TOOL KIT HERE:
SECOND HELPINGS FACTS
- Every $7 donation provides a nutritious and prepared meal for a family of four
- 1 in 4 people in Marion County experience hunger
- More than 950 people have graduated Second Helpings job training program
- Donations are tax deductible
Second Helpings is proud to help fight hunger by serving free meals daily to many non-profit Partner Agencies in our community. Full list here.
All donated funds through the GR8 Pasta Push will support Second Helpings’ mission and may be used to purchase pasta or help with the preparation and delivery of meals.