When it comes to choosing the perfect carpet for your home, not all carpets are created equally, and this applies in many ways. Kelly Marburger Novak, president of EF Marburger, joined us today to explain just that. Here’s more from her.
What are the carpet fibers?
- Most are nylon. Polypropylene and wool may also make up some carpets.
- Nylon is popular for strength, resistance to stains, and affordability.
What makes a carpet durable?
- The density, or yarns per inch, in addition to the stain resistance
- A thick soft carpet isn’t necessarily the most durable
- Regular vacuuming and professional cleaning will help
- Dense spill guard pad or waterproof carpet
Patterns make a great choice!
- Typically, carpet is nylon or polypropylene, dense patterns disguise wear and soiling
- A cut loop is a great construction for high traffic areas
For more information, visit efmarburger.com.
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY EF MARBURGER.