Does it ruin your dog’s day when you leave for work in the morning? Do they bark incessantly when you put them in their crate?
Separation anxiety is a real thing and more common than you may know.
Nathan Lowe, The Indy Dog Whisperer, joined us this morning with a look at some solutions.
1. Separation Anxiety: Why Does My Dog Get Anxious When I Leave?
– Potential kennel anxiety
– Dramatic goodbye rituals
– Perceived need to monitor you
2. How Can I Help My Dog Manage Separation Anxiety?
– Gate off of large, windowed room vs. kennel confinement
– Leave the house calmly
– Consider doggy daycare
– Become an authority figure in your dog’s eyes
– Leave something for your dog to do
– Play soothing background sounds
– Consider a second dog
For more information visit, TheIndyDogWhisperer.com.