It’s one of her favorite appetizers and it might just be one of yours, too! Recipe developer and cookbook author Gina Ferwerda shares her recipe for roasted and toasted tomato crostini.
- Roasted and Toasted Tomato Crostini
- Serves 4 to 6
- 1 loaf fresh baguette or country bread
- ¼ cup avocado oil, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ pounds cherry tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves or oregano, for garnish
- ¼ cup blue cheese or feta crumbles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Cut bread into ½-inch thick slices and place on a baking sheet. Brush bread with 2 tablespoons of oil and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until crusty and golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately rub each slice with garlic. Set aside until ready to assemble.
- Add tomatoes to a rim-lined baking sheet, lined with foil, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season tomatoes with salt and pepper, then roast for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Spread ricotta (about 1 tablespoon) on each slice, and top with roasted tomatoes. Drizzle on remaining oil, then sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh basil leaves or oregano. Top with blue cheese or feta crumbles, if desired.
NOTE: Jazz this dish up when serving by adding different cheeses and balsamic glazes on the side.
Ferwerda used her Roasted & Toasted Onion Seasoning in this recipe. To purchase this seasoning, click here.
For more from Gina visit her website, Facebook and Instagram.