INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — On Thursday there is a way to get some good food and help a good cause in Indiana in the process. The Damien Center is Indiana’s largest AIDs service organization and is having its annual “Dining out for life” fundraiser.
The center is partnering with dozens of restaurants across Indianapolis and the motto of the day is dine out, support local and end HIV.
All people need to do in order to help is either eat at one of the participating restaurants or get take out and part of the proceeds help the Damien Center.
The Damien Center provides services for around 25% of people affected by HIV in Indiana. They support about 4,000 Hoosiers annually who have HIV or who are at high risk of HIV with medical care, food and housing.
On Thursday part of the restaurant’s proceeds will go to these vital services and help end HIV in Indiana. This is the 26th year for the “Dining Out for Life” fundraiser. It is usually in April but was postponed due to COVID-19. Due to the pandemic, things are a little different this year, but just as important.
“There are restaurants all over the city. There’s lunch, dinner, breakfast, so you can do it any time of the day. It really is an easy thing to do. And right now, our restaurants need our support more than ever, so this is like a double good thing you can do. You can support us and you can support these restaurants,” said Alan Witchey, president and CEO of the Damien Center.
The list of participating restaurants is as follows:
- Athens on 86th
- Arni’s Restaurant – 96th Street
- Arni’s Restaurant – Greenwood
- Broad Ripple Brewpub
- BRU Burger Bar – Mass Ave
- Centerpoint Brewing (age 21+ only)
- Domino’s – East Washington
- Downtown Olly’s (age 21+ only)
- English Ivy’s
- Fat Dan’s Deli off Mass Ave
- FortyFive Degrees
- Gallery Pastry Bar – Downtown Indy
- Gallery Pastry Shop – So Bro
- Greek Islands Restaurant
- Hoagies & Hops | Chilly Water Taproom
- Illinois Street Food Emporium
- Jacquie’s Cafe
- Just Pop In!
- Macaron Bar
- Mayfair Taproom
- Mesh on Mass
- Metazoa Brewing Co. (age 21+ only)
- Mimi Blue Meatballs – Carmel
- Mimi Blue Meatballs – Fashion Mall
- Mimi Blue Meatballs – Mass Ave
- Punch Burger
- Rooster’s Kitchen
- Salty Cowboy
- Santorini Greek Kitchen
- Shoefly Public House
- Smee’s Place Bar & Grill
- Tavern at the Point
- Union 50
- West Fork Whiskey Co. (age 21+ only)
- Yogulatte – Mass Ave
For more information on the event, click here.