Indiana Grand is hosting, “Indiana Champion’s Day” in celebration of Indiana’s thoroughbred and quarter horse breeding program! More than $1 million is on the line, so you don’t want to miss it!
Rachel McLaughlin, racing analyst for Indiana Grand, joined us today to share what you can expect at this big event happening on Saturday, Oct. 30 with first post at 12 p.m.
Here’s more from her:
Indiana Champions Day Features:
- Two handicapping contests! FREE MONEY!
- Fleece and Beanie Giveaways
- License Plate Frame Giveaways
- Blanket and Backpack Giveaways
- Cigar Rolling Station (free cigars to the first 200 plus a matchbook)
- 5 – $1,000 Megabet Drawings
- $1,000 Indiana Champions Day Thoroughbred Handicapping Contest (Races 3 – 7)
- $1,000 Indiana Champions Day Quarter Horse Handicapping Contest (Races 9-13)
- Strolling Magician and World’s Tallest Jockey
- Caricature Artist
- Appearance by Jimmy McNerney, Thoroughbred racing analyst
- Appearance by Quarter Horse experts Martha Claussen and Jose Contreras (Los Ponies) with online picks
- $3 Championship Chili and $3 Adult Hot Chocolate
- Winner’s Circle Promotions
- Appearance by the Headless Horsemen
- Dan Dakich Show Live (12 – 2 p.m.)
- The Pressbox Podcast w/Gene McLean
- Trophy Blankets to all Stakes Winners
- 4 thoroughbred stakes & 6 quarter horse stakes
- Strolling entertainment
- Live DJ
- We are also expanding the casino and adding WORLD SERIES OF POKER ROOM – there is a $5,000 sign on BONUS!
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY INDIANA GRAND.
It’s a big weekend of racing at Indiana Grand featuring an All-Quarter Horse racing day Saturday, Sept. 4.
Rachel McLaughlin, racing production manager for Indiana Grand, joined us today with to share what’s coming up at the track this weekend.
She says, Four Stakes Finals will be held along with regional trials for the John Deere Juvenile Challenge and the Q-Racing Videos Distaff Challenge, both part of the national Bank of America Challenge Championships later in the fall.
For more information visit, caesars.com/indiana-grand.
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY INDIANDA GRAND.
Hot Diggity Dog, it’s time for Weiner Dog racing art Indiana Grand Racing & Casino!
The all-Quarter Horse day begins at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 14 with Weiner Dog racing mixed in beginning at 1 p.m. A total of $1,000 in cash prizes will be awarded to the top 5 dogs. Racing is limited to the first 32 entries. While there, you can also enjoy food and beverage specials, strolling entertainment, contests and more for a full day of excitement at the track. Rachael McLaughlin of Indiana Grand Racing & Casino joined us today to share everything that’s coming up at Indiana Grand.
Weiner Dog Races
- 18 entries
- Two heats after Race 9
- Final after the last race (around 3:45PM)
- Top 5 dogs get prize money
- Top dog gets $250 and a trophy
- $1,000 in total prize money with the top 2-person team taking home $500
- Single elimination
- Bring your own boards and bags
- Free to enter
- Entries available online
- Wednesday, September 8
- Featuring the state’s richest day of turf racing
- $150,000 Caesars Stakes and Indiana Grand Stakes
Prizes: $1,000 total: 1st place team – $500, 2nd place team – $250, 3rd place team – $150, 4th place team – $100
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY INDIANA GRAND RACING & CASINO.
Ladies and gentlemen, start your … ostriches? Yep, that’s right — camels and zebras too!
Rachel McLaughlin, racing production manager at Indiana Grand Casino joined us today to share more about what people can expect from the Exotic Animal Races happening at Indiana Grand Casino this weekend.
On Friday, July 23, from 4 p.m. to – 6 p.m., people can have a free meet & greet with the animals and get their picture taken.
Then on Saturday, all quarter horse card racing starts at 10 a.m., and the exotic animals are on the back half of the card to give everyone time to get to the track.
Next Thursday is PDJF & Back to school night. This helps raise awareness for the permanently disabled jockeys fund and an electronics giveaway (FREE) for kids.
As you can see, there’s lots of free fun and entertainment happening at Indiana Grand.
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY INDIANA GRAND CASINO.
There are a lot of firsts happening at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino this summer.
Rachel McLaughlin, production manager, Indiana Grand Racing & Casino joined us today to share some of the changes they’re experiencing right now.
For the first and possibly only time the Indiana Derby is a points qualifying race for the Kentucky Derby. This is a huge deal!
The race will happen on Wednesday July 8th at 2:20 p.m. on WNDY, instead of its typical Saturday evening date and time.
There will be a limited capacity in effect per guidelines from the State of Indiana and the IHRC.
Face masks are encouraged at all times and required while indoors unless consuming food or beverages.
No smoking is allowed inside the building, including the first floor OTB. The first floor OTB is open to all ages.
The Family Pavilion will remain closed except for restroom access.
For more information visit the Indiana Grand website.
THIS SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY CAESARS ENTERTAINMENT.