The Indy Night Market is the city’s next big thing, but it can only happen with your help! This festival-style event is supposed to take place this summer, fall and early winter of 2021, in three different locations. It will bring together everything local when it comes to the Indiana food scene, and joining us today to tell us all about it were Victoria Beaty, Executive Director of Growing Places Indy and Chef Kevin Michael, owner of the ghost restaurant, “Side Piece.”
- Growing Places Indy is proud to be partnering with the Be Nimble Foundation, which is on a mission to enhance and create an equitable food system in the Indy community and foster local entrepreneurship.
- The Indy Night Market hopes to inspire Indianapolis residents to invest in the local food ecosystem and create a stronger and inclusive community.
- The Indy Night Market is a food, arts, and culture festival that brings to life Indy’s food scene, including farmers, restaurants, chefs, and food entrepreneurs in one place in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
- The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority will provide a matching grant through its CreatINg Places program, a place-based crowdfunding grant program, but only if the Night Market meet their $15,000 fundraising goal by April 30.
- The Indy Night Market strives to encourage Indiana visitors and residents to explore the historic areas of the city through a three-part, two-day series event. The events will take place in various locations around Indianapolis.
- The series celebrates the city’s diverse food culture by providing an opportunity for local entrepreneurs to grow their businesses, creating a catalyst for community engagement, a creator of jobs, and economic growth.
- By creating a night market, Indy residents will get the unique opportunity to celebrate the diverse food scene in Indianapolis while contributing to the city’s food system and community well-being. With a food festival event series, community members will better understand the importance of accessing affordable fresh, local foods and explore the city’s history.
Follow @IndyNightMarket on Instagram and Facebook for the all the latest announcements. Click here to see how you can donate.
The Obsession (Salmón BLT with Beer Batter Fried Avocado and Lemon Pepper Vinaigrette)
- 6 oz Wild Salmon
- Blackening Spice 1/2 tbspSmoked Paprika. 1 tsp
- Chef Kevin’s Bloody Mary Vinaigrette 2 tbsp
- Romaine Chiffonade 1/4 C
- Grape Tomatoes halved
- Crispy Bacon 2 slices
- Beer 1/4 C
- Seasoned Flour 1/2 C
- Fry Oil 2 Cups
- Pretzel Bun 1 each
Season salmon with blackening spice and smoked paprika. Cook salmon to desired temperature in sauté pan on medium high. In separate bowl, mix 1/2 of seasoned flour with beer. Add avocado to beer batter then dip in remaining flour. Fry avocado for 2-3 minutes on 350 until golden brown. Add Chef Kevin’s Bloody Mary Vinaigrette on top of the salmon. Butter and toast pretzel bun. Build sandwich- add lettuce, tomato, crispy bacon, salmon, and fried avocado.
Trouble Maker Turkey Burger (Feta Cheese, Baby Spinach, Fresno Pepper, & Blueberry Ketchup)
- Ground Turkey 1 lb.
- Turkey Sausage 1/4 lb.
- Chopped Spinach 1 C
- Fresh Feta Cheese Crumble 1 C
- Serrano Pepper 1 tbsp
- Ground Black Pepper 1 tsp
- Kosher Salt 2 tsp
- Fresh Thymes 3 sprigs
- Diced Sautéed Onions 1/2 C
- Chopped romaine lettuce 1/4 C
- Pretzel 1 each
- Blueberries 1/2 C
- Ketchup 1 C
- Lemon Juice 2 tbsp
In a large bowl mix ground turkey, turkey sausage links, spinach, serrano pepper, sautéed onions, fresh thyme, kosher salt, black pepper. Mix thoroughly, then fold in feta cheese. In a blender mix blueberries, ketchup, and lemon juice together. Cook Turkey burger on both sides for 3 minutes the place in oven for 8 minutes or until internal temperature is 165 or higher. Butter and toast pretzel bun- add blueberry ketchup on pretzel bun, chopped romaine lettuce, and turkey burger. Top off with 2 tbsp of blueberry ketchup.
For more for Chef Kevin Michael follow him on Instagram or visit his website.
For more information about the Indy Night Market, visit their website, IndyNightMarket.org. Again, click here to see how you can donate.
Note: Today, Victoria was style by, local women-owned business, Good Neighbor.