Need a great potato salad recipe for your next cookout? Gina Ferwerda, recipe developer and cookbook author adds tons of pickled veggies to her classic potato salad for an added kick. You will love this recipe if you love anything pickled.
Pickled Potato Salad
- 5 lbs red skinned potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced radish
- 2 teaspoons house seasoning (salt, pepper, granulated garlic, onion and smoked paprika)
- 1 teaspoon Michigan cherrywood smoked seasoning (smoked salt, dill weed, rosemary, garlic)
- 1 cup chopped pickled veggies (dill relish, asparagus relish, banana peppers, cocktail onions)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and roughly chopped
- Smoked paprika
- Scallions or chives
1. Place potatoes in a large pot of salted, cold water and bring to a boil.
2. Once the potatoes come to a boil, set the timer for 5 minutes. Start checking the potatoes at 5 minutes just to make sure they don’t overcook and become mushy, they’ll take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove the potatoes when they are fork tender, the fork should easily go into the potato but not make the potato fall apart. The timing all depends on the size of the cubed potatoes and the potato variety.
4. Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water, set aside.
5. In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients together.
6. Once the potatoes have cooled, gently fold them into the mayonnaise mixture.
7. Refrigerate for at least one hour. When ready to serve, sprinkle on some smoked paprika and chives.
For more from Gina visit her website, Facebook and Instagram.