Often times, maternity clothes aren’t the most flattering or even convenient to wear. Valerie Nadi, designer & owner of the maternity fashion brand, Becoming Mama visited Indy Style today to show us what makes her clothes so different from others on the market. Here’s more from her:
Why Becoming Mama started:
During pregnancy I struggled to find attire that I was confident and comfortable in. Pre-pregnancy, I generally wore a size medium or large and also ran into issue with purchasing the largest size a maternity brand offered but it still not fitting. I counted down the days until I could wear my “old wardrobe” again. But like many mothers, I realized that it took time to fit into those outfits properly again, and breastfeeding made the majority of my wardrobe irrelevant. Beyond just having easy access for breastfeeding and pumping, I began to notice things like fabric choices — which weren’t good choices for baby spit-up, breast milk spills, or grimy kid fingers. I started hunting for things that would check all of the boxes I needed, until one day my husband encouraged me to make the clothing I was searching for.
What makes our tops different:
- Water-repellent, wrinkle-resistant, and stain resistant fabrics that are machine washable (I recently spilled balsamic vinegar on the white top before a meeting and it wiped off with just a tiny bit of hand soap and water!)
- Luxe metallic zippers offer decorative nursing access
- Transitional fit for pregnancy and postpartum using side zippers to create a loose or fitted look
- Made in the USA by a woman and minority-owned manufacturer (where workers earn fair wages)
- Inclusive sizing XS – 3X
- Quality and features mean you can sport this bump, to breastfeeding, and beyond — a great investment piece
For more about Becoming Mama clothes, visit their website, Instagram and Facebook.