We sliced through this steak like butter and loved every bit of it!
Chef Ricky Hatfield of the Bottleworks Hotel joined us today to share a couple of recipes you can try if you plan to cook for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board Foods
- Chili peppers
James River Oysters on the Half with Spicy Strawberry Watermelon Mignonette
For the Mignonette:
- 1 cup Red wine vinegar
- 6 strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- ½ cup watermelon, diced
- ½ shallot chopped
- 1 tsp Cracked Black Pepper Corn
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
Combine all of the ingredients and place them in a jar.
Reserve in the refrigerator for 48 hours or up to 1 month.
12 Oysters Fresh
Crack oysters open and dash with a little mignonette
Cocoa Espresso Dusted Filet Medallion with Asparagus Risotto
For the Steak:
- Espresso Cocoa Dust
- ¼ cup Ground Espresso Beans
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Ground
- ¼ Tsp Onion Ground
For the Risotto:
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 3 cup Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 cup Asparagus, tips
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 tbsp Butter
Heat butter in a small saucepan to medium-high
In another small saucepan, heat stock to boiling
Add rice to the pan with butter and cook, constantly stirring.
DO NOT BROWN
Add Stock a ladle at a time, constantly stirring until it gets absorbed in the rice.
Keep adding until rice is al dente
Finish with Cream, cheese, asparagus and season with salt and pepper.
For information on dining at the Bottle Works Hotel visit, bottleworkshotel.com/dining.
From topping salmon to being drizzled on french toast, the Maple Miso Syrup is the perfect flavor to make just about any dish taste even better!
Chef Ricky Hatfield of the Bottleworks Hotel joined us today with a couple of delicious recipes you can only find at the Bottle Works Hotel.
Five Spice Milk Bread French Toast with Citrus Maple Miso Syrup
For the Toast:
- 4 slices Milk Bread
- 2 tbsp butter
For the Batter:
- 1 cup Half & Half Cream
- 2 each eggs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp Five Spice Powder
- Whisk all ingredients together to combine.
- Reserve for toast.
For the Syrup:
2 cup Maple Syrup
2 tbsp White Miso Paste
2 tbsp Yuzu Marmalade
½ cup orange juice
2 tbsp butter
1. In a Small sauce Pot Combine all ingredients except butter on medium-low heat.
2. Whisk to combine ingredients and bring to a low boil.
3. Whisk in Butter and serve.
Seared Ora King Salmon with Roasted Broccolini, Wild Rice, Citrus Maple Glaze and Cashew Crumble
For the Salmon:
- 2 each Salmon filet, 7 oz portions
- ¼ cup Citrus Maple Miso Syrup
- 1 bunch Broccoini, Blanched
- 2 oz. Cashews, crushed and Seasoned with chili powder
- To taste Salt And Pepper
- 1 oz Blended Sauté oil
For the Rice:
- 1 cup Wild & Long Grain Rice Blend
- 2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1 oz Sesame Oil
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Bring Stock, dash of salt and Pepper, oil to boil in small sauce pot
- Cover And Cook for 18-20 min
- Season and Reserve.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat Sautee oil in pan and place salmon, bone side down cooking 3-4 min on each side. Cover Salmon with half of syrup. Combine Broccolini in pan and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven and Cook for 7 min.
- Place Rice on dish, topping with broccolini and salmon.
- Drizzle extra syrup on top and around plate and top with cashew crumble.
For more information visit, bottleworkshotel.com.