A warm, thick, bakery-soft hoagie roll with thinly-sliced, richly-seasoned beef, drizzled with American cheese — that’s what it takes to create the ultimate Philly Cheesesteak.
To help us celebrate National Cheesesteak Day lifestyle influencer Meaghan Smith joined us Thursday to talk cheesesteak and to show us some of the best fixings to go with it.
She also shared the recipe for a scrumptious side dish of potato wedges.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the potatoes to get rid of any dirt. Peel if desired.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Place each half flat-side down and cut each half lengthwise again. For larger potatoes, cut each wedge in half again (lengthwise) giving you a total of eight wedges.
- Add the wedges to a large mixing bowl. Spray with cooking spray (or if using olive oil, drizzle with about two tablespoons olive oil) then toss everything together to coat. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Spread the wedges in a single layer over a large baking sheet lined with non stick foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and while they are still hot, season with salt to taste.
For more information visit:
Chocolate lovers, this day is all about you!
It’s national chocolate-covered anything day.
So dip and drizzle your favorite foods in dark, milk, white, maybe even ruby chocolate today.
Meaghan Smith, lifestyle influencer, joined us today to show us an easy recipe to celebrate.