If you’re an artist looking for some publicity, here’s the perfect chance to get your work seen! Robin Lee of the Nexus Impact Center joined us today to share how they’re looking for an Indiana artist to create an exciting new external artwork banner project, promoting social impact. Nexus will display the winning art on an 18ft tall by 9ft wide banner on the west exterior of their I-465 building to display art that communicates Equality for All.
Equality for All: The Nexus Impact Center is deeply rooted in every person having value and purpose to be leveraged for good.
Nexus Vision Statement
We endeavor to create an equitable* world through collective impact.
*equitable: accessible, inclusive, sustainable for all.
Nexus is a place where people from all different lifestyles, circumstances, and beliefs can come together to learn from one another and foster a collective spirit of creativity and innovation to advance social issues.
The overall theme should communicate equality defined as accessible and inclusive. Artwork should project positive feelings of unity, community and collaboration.
Eligibility & Requirements
The Contest is open to legal residents of Indiana, who are at least sixteen (16) years old. Employees and Board Members of Nexus, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the contest.
All works must be original. “Original” means the work must be from the hand of a single artist.
Artists are asked to submit a written proposal that includes:
- A description of your personal connection to the theme.
- A discussion of the style you intend to use and your vision of the artwork.
- A sample of your work; and
- At minimum, a mock-up of your intended design should also be included. You may submit digitally, or deliver to the Nexus Impact Center in whatever medium and size you prefer. If you are chosen as a top finalist, you will be notified on or before July 26th and provided 1 month to deliver a final version of your art. You may pick up a 20”x10” canvas from Nexus to utilize, or provide your own medium for the work. It is also an option to simply provide the completed piece with the original submission. If you do so, and you are not a finalist, your art will be made available for you to pick up.
- Your written permission for the artwork created, if selected, to be reproduced into printed materials for the purposes of banner display, marketing and artwork print sales for donation purposes to Nexus Impact Center.
How to Enter
- Fill out the Entry Form completely. This information will be reproduced exactly as submitted if you are selected as a winner.
- Upload a single digital image (or indicate when you will drop off)
After you have completed the form, you may submit another entry. There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
The First Place Winner
- $1,000 Cash award.
- Artwork displayed on a professionally printed exterior vinyl banner on the West side of 9511 Angola Ct, Indianapolis.
- 1 year membership to Nexus Impact Center.
The Viewer’s Choice Winner
- $500 cash award.
- Artwork displayed inside the Nexus Impact Center along with Artist Profile.
- 6 month membership to Nexus Impact Center.
- Art displayed at Nexus starting September 1st until the Reveal Event on Thursday, September 16th to promote the artist and their work.
- Artwork will be sold at the Reveal Event on Thursday, September 16th via a silent auction. Proceeds will be split 70/30 between the artist and the Non-profit of the artists choice to further social impact.
Note: If a portion of the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Nexus reserves the right to substitute a prize of the same approximate retail value. All federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
For more information visit, nexusimpactcenter.org.